We reserve the right to modify these terms of service at any time with or without warning or disclosure.
If you violate any of these terms, We reserve the right the limit, suspend or terminate your access and use of our services at our own discretion.
- We support your freedom of speech, however discussion or content which may be found harassing or in violation of the law is not allowed. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Harassing or hateful speech against a group or individual.
- Purposely, and knowingly, evading ignore is not tolerated.
- Inappropriate sexual misconduct.
- “Hacking” / [D]DoS with the exception of discussion of news/current event, and theoretical or non-malicious exploitation.
- “Warez” or Illegal downloading
- When you join someone’s channel, you are subject to their terms & conditions for being in that channel.
- If you are caught purposely, and knowingly, evading bans that someone has set on you in a channel, you may be subject to suspension or termination of access to BuddyIM.
- Evasion of network bans may result in either a longer or complete termination of access to BuddyIM.
- Malicious bots & scripts, including flood & warez bots/scripts, are not welcome on BuddyIM.
- Bots & Scripts which scan for client vulnerabilities, even with good intent, are not welcome on BuddyIM.
- Bots & Scripts that try to exploit software vulnerabilities of servers, clients, or services on the network are not welcome on BuddyIM.
- Bots & Scripts that try to exploit vulnerabilities outside of our infrastructure are not welcome on BuddyIM.
- On BuddyIM users are allowed to register channels and run those channels how they wish as long as they abide by network rules. However, in rare cases, we may shut down a channel at our own discretion.
- Channels that falsely claim to represent an organization, product, or service are forbidden. You can, however, create a channel in support of a product or service as long as you make it clear that you do not represent the organization or brand.
- This should go without saying, but leveraging any bugs or vulnerabilities within our services, This includes, but is not limited to: ircd, services, webchat, and our website.
We will make exceptions for individuals who practice responsible disclosure per our responsible disclosure policy.